Sunday, February 11, 2018

The War Letters

February 11, 1944

"Well it looks like I'm going to get a pass this weekend." Not going to make it home though, not enough time. Planning to head to N.Y.C. on the cheap, look up some friends, the Y.M.C.A is recommended at .50¢ per night. May not even make that if he's on the evening's shipping list. His shoes have begun to cause problems with his hips, so he tried inserting about 5 envelopes in the heel of his shoe, and that did the trick. Going to get some heel lifts next visit into town to "eliminate the expenditure of envelopes." Still waiting to get shipped and it couldn't come too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The War Letters - On Hiatus

March 8, 2018 Today is my birth father Frank's birthday. I think he's been whispering to me. I've been working on this project...