Monday, October 23, 2017

Remembering another Unfamous One...

F/O George L. Amberg, 95th BG, 336th Bomb Squadron, 42-3462 "San Antonio Rose" bombardier, pictured here in class book (43-8) USAAF Flying School Big Spring, Texas 1943. He served in the same Bomb Group and Squadron as my father in Horham, England, however my father did not arrive at the base until March 1945.

Shot down by fighters on a mission to Brunswick, which was obscured by clouds, on 21 Feb 1944 in B-17F #42-3462 'San Antonio Rose' and crashed near Utrecht, Holland. Killed in Action (KIA). To read more visit...American Air Museum in Britain

No comments:

Post a Comment

The War Letters - On Hiatus

March 8, 2018 Today is my birth father Frank's birthday. I think he's been whispering to me. I've been working on this project...